Virginia Credit Union first opened it’s doors in 1928, originally as State Employees’ Credit Union Inc. It was organized by a group of state employees to “accumulate and invest the savings of members and to make loans to members for provident purposes.
Virginia Credit Union assets have surpassed $2 billion in 2010 and the number of members being served exceeds 200,000.
Virginia Credit Union Member Benefits
Again, Virginia Credit Union gives you confidence in your financial decisions. This implies, offering you account tools, education and resources to make confident decisions with your hard-earned money.
- Affordable banking services
- Lower fees (and ways to avoid fees totally)
- Offers lower rates on loans and mortgages.
- There are attractive savings options.
- Enjoy convenient 24/7 access with online and mobile services and ATMs
- Revel member discounts
- There’s a lifetime membership
- Also offers benefits for business owners
- Take advantage of supportive staff focused on your needs
- College scholarships
- Financial seminars and online resources.
- Once you become a member, you become a member and owner of the financial cooperative. Earnings are given back to you via a broad range of convenient services, attractive rates, lower fees, as well as free financial education resources.
Virginia Credit Union Services
This is how Virginia Credit Union gives back to its communities
- 1,200 hours of volunteer service in 2018
- 38 hours of volunteer help answering phones during the Children’s Miracle Network Radiothon
- 4 full-time financial educators employed at VACU
- $370, 000 contributed towards charitable causes
- $24,000 contributed to Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU by matching Virginia’s employee’s contributions.
- 250 meals cooked at The Doorways, which houses out-of-town families whose children are getting medical care in Richmond.
- 27,312 students, teachers, and members took part in financial education classes and workshops in 2018.
- 1,577 boxes of cereal to help FACES, the Farmville area food bank recoups after regional flooding.
Become A Member
You can sign up as an individual or family. VACU membership is open to a wide range of individuals and groups.
VACU offers a competitive suite of business banking services, like checking, loans, etc. As part of it’s a commitment to financial health communities, it also offers free Partner Perks – financial education and other resources that you can offer to your employees to help them better maximize their paychecks.
Contact Virginia Credit Union
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (ET)
Virginia Credit Union gives you the peace of mind that your future is financially secure.