Suncoast Credit Union is the 10th largest credit union in the nation and headquartered in Tampa as the largest credit union in the state of Florida. Suncoast Credit Union was established in 1978 and as grown to 1,688 employees and 826,311 members at 69 locations as of March 2019.
About Suncoast Credit Union
Suncoast Union has assets to the tune of $5,990,779,562 and serves members from 69 locations. Deposits in Suncoast Union are insured by NCUA.
Suncoast Union offers two free checking accounts. They are Smart Checking and Teen Checking. The APY of 0.05% on all accounts stands higher than the rates at many other banks and credit unions although it isn’t the best in the country.
Suncoast puts members first and enriches its local communities. We recently talked about Affinity Credit union Here, You can check it out.
With Suncoast Union, you stand to gain the following;
- No monthly fees on accounts
- Good annual percentage yields for share certificates
- There are options available for those who do not qualify for a checking account.
- Has branches throughout western Florida.
- If you qualify for membership, Suncoast Credit Union is a secure and trusted place to keep your money. The union offers quality accounts and products, even for people who might not qualify for traditional checking accounts.
- Membership is restricted to the immediate family of members, residents of Western Florida and alumni of Florida College.
- Does not participate in shared branching.
Who is Eligible for Suncoast Credit Union Membership?
The union’s membership is defined geographically. Suncoast Union welcomes individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in Florida to join.
- A U.S. government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, state identification)
- If you are opening a personal account, have the following; social security number and your credit/debit card to fund your new account.
- If you are applying for a joint account, please have handy the secondary applicant’s details.
- If it is a business account, please have your current Sunbiz filing and an estimate of your monthly transactions.
Suncoast Credit Union Member Care Center
On the whole, Suncoast Union a financial institution with branches, charging low fees and a dedication to community accessibility makes it a good a financial institution on the western Florida coast.