Consumer Reports is a magazine owned by a nonprofit Consumers Union. It has over 7 million subscribers. As well as 3.8 million buyers of the print magazine and 3.2 million digital subscribers.
It was founded in 1936 and its annual testing budget is about $25 million.
Consumer Report ensures truth, fairness, and transparency in the market. They do this by having over 9,000 products and services tested since the beginning.
Now, the big question is, does Consumer Reports make money?
In this guide, we will tell you how Consumer Reports makes money. Hence, scan through this article carefully as we tell you how Consumer Reports make money.
How does Consumer Reports make money?
Consumer Reports makes its money in two ways. Hence, they make their money via subscriptions and donations.
Now, let’s break this down for easy understanding.
Consumer Reports makes its money through subscriptions. Hence, to subscribe to Consumer Reports online, you’ll be charged $39 yearly.
However, for an online monthly subscription, you’re charged $10 monthly.
Also, you can subscribe to Consumer Report print magazine for just $30 yearly.
However, you can also subscribe to both for just $59 yearly.
Another way Consumer Reports make money is by donation. Because Consumer Reports is a nonprofit organization, you can donate to Consumer Reports.
However, note that donating to the Consumer Report is not the same as subscribing to it.
Unlike other donations, you can deduct the Consumer Report magazine from your taxes. Hence, this is for both online subscriptions.
Hence, Consumer Reports gets money from those willing to subscribe or donate to it.
So far, they’ve made enough money to provide premium product reviews and content.
Consumer Reports sign-in
Follow these steps to sign in to your Consumer Report account online:
- To begin, using a browser, open consumer reports login.
- Next, type in your username or email address and your password.
- Now, select the ‘Sign In’ option to access your Consumer Reports account online.
- However, if you don’t have an account, select the ‘Join now’ option.
- Once you’ve done that, type in your first name, last name, and email address.
- Then, click on the ‘Join’ button and follow the prompts after that to create a new account.
- But, if you can’t access your account username or password, follow these steps:
- To retrieve your username, choose the username link and type in your email address.
- Next, select the ‘Submit’ option and follow the prompts to retrieve your username.
- To reset your password, choose the password link and follow the prompts to create a new password.
To summarize this article, Consumer Reports makes its money through subscriptions and donations.
Hence, you can subscribe to Consumer Report online, for just $10 monthly or $39 yearly.
Also, you can subscribe to Consumer Report print magazine for just $30 yearly. Or subscribe to both for just $59 yearly.
However, since Consumer Report is a nonprofit organization, you can donate to it.
But, if you have any questions about the Consumer Report, leave them in the comment section.
Having said that, thanks for reading!