Experian Free Credit Score symbolizes the repayment history of a person. Once an individual applies for any credit facility like credit cards or loans, your credit score is of utmost importance to the lender. The lender armed with your credit score history now decides whether or not you are suitable for the product in question or not.
What is Experian All About?
Experian is a globally recognized platform that offers persons a credit score check for free. Experian stands as the first company and credit bureau to offer on-line credit reporting services in the U.S. It is now the leading provider of credit data and services with credit data on more than 220 million U.S. consumers and more than 1.5 petabytes of data. Experian is out to educate consumers via financial literacy and funding programs, pairing with non-profit and public education leaders across the country.
Why a Free Credit Score?
- To enable you to track your FICO Score and see which financial behaviors are helping or hurting you.
- You can instantly get updates every 30 days upon sign in.
- Checking your credit score with Experian always, helps you make good financial decisions and detect signs of identity theft early enough.
Experian Free Credit Score Online Check
Experian offers a free credit score check online. You can check your credit score online via Experian within minutes. The process involved is as follows;
- Personal details form
- OTP verification
- User details form
- Q&A form
It is that cheap.
Details Required for Experian Free Credit Score Check
To generate the credit report, the following details must be considered.
- You are to mention your Full Name, Mobile Number and Email ID, and tap on the “Submit” tab.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Submit the OTP, and tap on the “Verify & Continue” option.
- Choose your Date of birth and Gender
- Key in your Permanent Address including the state, city, Pincode
- Fill out your PAN Number and submit same.
Outside the above-mentioned steps, there is also a small Q&A round that you are to thru. These details you provide determine the score. Once the process is completed, the credit score is generated which ranges from 300-900.
How is Experian Free Credit Score Calculated?
The credit score calculation is done on the basis of the payment history. This includes certain factors like on-time credit card bill payments, credit limit usage, and EMI deductions. If your bills and EMIs are paid regularly, you are advised not to use more than 50% of your credit limit, and as well avoid over-limit expenditure. With this, you can rest assured that your credit score is going to be on the good side.
Hope it helped? Thanks for your time. It was great having you around.