American Express, headquartered at 200 Vesey Street lower Manhattan New York, NY 10285 United States, is a global payments company, which gives customers access to experiences, products, and insight, that improve lives, business, insurance, and more.
American Express provides charge, prepaid, and credit cards to businesses and individuals. Also, it offers gift cards, travel, rewards, personal savings, insurance, and more. With American Express, you will get network processing services, and credit lending.
In addition, American Express and its partners offer one of the best credit cards on the market. There are cards for anyone, which include business owners or travelers, road warriors, credit card beginners, and normal travelers. Hence, American Express offers several credit cards.
With an American Express credit card, you can get rewards as you spend. You can get a short-time credit limit, which is fixed during application approval. And as a card owner, you can use up to this limit. But after the agreed period, you will get a statement of the sum you have to pay back.
To avoid late fees, you have to pay back a minimum repayment to avoid a bad mark on your credit score. However, there’s interest in the outstanding amount. Hence, if you pay up for the month, there won’t be interest on the amount you borrowed.
Benefits of a Credit Card
When you have American Express Credit Card and you use it wisely, you can improve your spending capacity and enjoy the following benefits:
- Improve your credit score
- Rewards such as Air miles, cashback
- Financial flexibility
- Purchase protection
American Express Credit Cards
Looking for a credit card? American Express has several options for you. You can check the one that suits you and also check if you are eligible for it by using the pre-application form. America Express credit cards include the following:
Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card
With this credit card, you can get cashback on every purchase, and there’s no limit to the amount you can earn. As a new cardholder, for the first 3 months, you can earn 5% cashback on your purchase up to £100 and 0.5% cashback when you spend up to £10,000 within your membership year.
Also, you can earn 1% when you spend more than £10,000. Invite a friend and get rewards, you get a minimum of £20 when they are approved. Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card also offers you travel benefits, experiences, complimentary supplementary cards, and purchase and refund protection.
Annual Fee £0
Purchase Rate 27.2% variable for purchase
Credit Limit Assumed credit limit of £1,200
APR 27.2% APR variable
To be eligible for a Platinum cashback everyday credit card, you have to be:
- Be 18 years or more
- Have a permanent home address in the UK
- Must have a present UK bank or society account
- No bad debt history
Blue Cash Preferred Card
This card is good for maximizing the cash back. Hence, it’s best for cash-back cards for groceries at supermarkets and streaming services in the U.S. As a new cardholder, in the first six months, you get $250 credit when you spend $3,000.
The earning rate for this card: You get 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets and streaming services. 3% cash back at a gas station and on transit, and 1% cash back on other qualified purchases.
The cashback is earned in form of Reward Dollars, which are redeemed for statement credits.
The annual fee is $0 for the first year, after $95.
Blue Cash Preferred Card is one of the best cash-back credit cards and a good option to put cash into your wallet.
American Express Gold card is one of the best Amex cards. It offers 4 points per dollar at U.S supermarkets and restaurants on the first $25,000 purchases each calendar year, after 1 point per dollar.
Also, when you book a flight with an airline or with Amex Travel, you earn 3 points per dollar. There’s also a welcome bonus of 60,000 points when you spend up to $4,000 in the first 6 months.
Note that, this card has an annual fee of $250, with a recommended credit is 670-850. Hence, you need an excellent credit score.
Other American Express Cards include:
- Platinum Cashback Credit Card
- British Airways American Express®Credit Card
- American Express®Preferred Rewards Gold Credit Card
- American Express Business Gold Card
- Blue Cash Preferred Card
- Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card
To be eligible for an American Express Credit card
If you wish to apply for a personal Card in the UK, you will need the following.
- Be 18 years of age or more
- Must have a UK bank or society account
- Live permanently in the UK
- Have no bad debt history
How to apply for a Credit Card or Charge Card
Once you have decided to get a credit card, you can apply for it online in less than 10 minutes. See the guide below.
- Go through the different cards available; check the terms and conditions, the fee, rewards, and benefits. If it suits you well, go ahead to select “Apply Now” to begin the application process
- Enter the necessary details like your name, contact, financial details, employment status, and personal income. Once you are done, tap ‘Save and continue
- You may be asked to present additional details, fill it out, and submit the form
- You will get your card in the next 10 working days if your application is approved. Your Pin will also be sent to you. But will come separately, maybe a day or two days before the arrival of your card. Also, you will get information about your benefits and how to manage your online account. Likewise, if you request for supplementary cards, you will get them separately.
Due to security reasons, your card will be mailed to you in a white envelope. The envelope has the American Express logo with an Omaha, NE return address on it. So, when you get your card, you have to confirm that you have received it online. Until the confirmation is complete, you may not be able to use the card.
To confirm you have received your card, go to confirm you’ve received it online, enter your card details: Card number and 4-digit security code, and tap confirm. Once you are done, you can go ahead to set up your online account to pay your bills, activate account alerts, and more.
How can I activate my Card?
You can activate your card using different methods. Check it out below:
American Express Online Services
- Go to Americanexpress activate page to register online
- Activate your card and create your Pin
- You can download the American Express App to manage your account
American Express App
Activate your card using the American Express App, here’s what to do.
- Download the app
- Input your card details
- Create your user ID and password
- Create your Pin and activate your card
American Express helpline
You can also activate your card over the phone.
- Contact the helpline
- Follow the prompts to activate your card and create your Pin
- Enroll for the online services at co. in.
American Express Confirm Card Phone Number (and other AMEX phone numbers)
- Credit cards: 1-800-528-4800 available 24/7
- Apply over the phone: 1-800-243-3888 available 6 am to 2 am ET, 7 days
- AMEX Gift Card: 1-877-297-4438 available 8 am to midnight ET, 7 days
- Pay a bill: 1-800-472-9297 available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Cash advance: 1-800-227-4669 (24/7)
- AMEX Prepaid: 1-866-207-7970 (24/7)
American Express Confirm Card Website Sources
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my American Express card confirmed?
Want to know if you have confirmed your American Express Card? just dial the AMEX customer service team at 1-800-362-6033 to confirm activation/receipt of your card.
Does Amex send a confirmation email?
American Express (AMEX) will send a confirmation email once the card has been mailed.
How long does it take for Amex to approve?
According to AMEX customer service agents, it can take a few minutes, a few hours, or a few weeks but it is never more than 4 weeks.
Check Out This Post:
- Best Egg Login – BestEgg.com – Quick Start Loan Offer Code
- Big O Tires Credit Card Login Online | Pay Bill Online
- Finances -5 Keys to Successfully Managing Your Personal Finances
- Barclaysus.com/activate code, Barclaycard Bank Login
- Best CD Rates For December 2022
- Indigo Credit Card Login, Payment, Support Online