Headquartered in Riverdale, America First Credit Union is the largest credit union in the state of Utah and also the 9thlargest credit union in the nation. Established in 1939, this union as of March 2019 has grown to 2,943 employees and 1,021,231 members at 134 locations.
This financial institution that shares profits with its members in the form of improved and best in class services, better rates, and lower rates, offering America First members access to many exclusive discounts. America First Credit Union’s CD rates are 3X the national average and have an A health rating.
America First Credit Union Membership Gains
- You’ve Appreciated: American First Credit Union associates care about you, your family, and your dreams.
- Professionals on Your Team: You have professionals on your team, delivering quality service, and going about it in a friendly understanding fashion to meet your needs.
- Great Value: You’ll get great value from competitive loan and deposit rates to choices in products. You are given more than you expect.
- Community Bond: You’ll feel America First Credit Union in your community, who care about members and the community as a whole. Members receive help on how to grow and achieve their dreams and communities as well.
- The Kids Are Carried Along: If you become a Member of the Children’s Museum of La Habra, you instantly qualify for AFCU Membership. This implies that you’ll be eligible for the entire great rate saving opportunities current Members Enjoy.
- Big Price Savings: This is a savings account that offers you the more you save the more you earn chances to win BIG. With a Big Prize Savings account, you earn chances of winning a $1,000 monthly prize, a $10,000 quarterly prize, and a $50,000 annual grand prize. Only individuals of 18 years of age or older can open this account.
- Member Discounts and Services at National Merchants: There are great discounts on Sprint, ADT, and TruStage just for being a credit union member. Save also on a variety of services for your home with Love My Credit Union Rewards.
- Sprint Members Get $100 Cash Back: Get $100 in cash rewards for every new line you activate with sprint and, for a limited time. This is available on UNLIMITED lines. Additionally, you get $100 in loyalty cash rewards every year.
- BALANCE Financial Fitness Counselors: America First Credit Union cares about your financial fitness, which is why they’ve partnered with BALANCE to give you access to confidential, no-cost financial counseling services to help you develop a sensible budget for your financial life.
- Auto Buying Services: America First Credit Union will help you get the best price on your next vehicle.
- AFCU Loves Kids: If you become a member of the Children’s Museum of La Habra, you instantly qualify for membership benefits and services from America First Credit Union. Additionally, your Children’s Museum of La Habra member card may be used for free entry to other museums and science centers worldwide via ATSC Passport Program.
Who Can Become A Member?
Membership is open to individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in Orange County or in the 16 qualified cities in Southern California, Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Chino Hills, Corona, Hawaiian Gardens, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, Lakewood, Long Beach, Montebello, Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, Signal Hill and Whittier and also members of the Children Museum of La Habra are also eligible to join this credit union.
America First Credit Union Membership Requirements
- A one-time $5 individual membership fee may be required to become a member of America First Credit Union.
- A membership account can be opened to get these as well as other services.
- Membership is open to individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in Orange County or in the 16 qualified cities in Southern California, those who work at an affinity group, or are members of the Children’s Museum of La Habra.
- Each family member is eligible to open an individual membership account.